This is probably one of my favorite shirts I’ve made to date. I like to pin outfits of things I think I could make myself and this is one that I decided to try out.
Look at the pinned shirt and the outcome. Almost exactly the same!!! YAY! The top was super hard to figure out, and I still didn’t get it quite right. Eventually my impatience caught up to me and I went with what I had. If I had to make another one, which I’m sure I will in the future, I would work on the top a bit and add some interfacing for stability. My new motto for making things like this that have specific fabric draping and shaping, is to manipulate your fabric into the correct shape FIRST then cut it out based on your pattern needs… I’ll probably go into that in a later post.
The back is a simple button enclosure. The whole top piece is lined to make the neck and button hole look pretty. Looking at the armholes really makes me want a cover stitch machine. A twin needle just doesn’t cut it sometimes…
Here are some cute pictures of Claira in the shirt. It’s so flattering on her.
And that smile….
And those eyes…
Anyway, I’d better get back to paying attention to my children. I’m potty training said toddler and she just had an accident in her highchair while I was writing this post. She’s actually doing quite well for day 3 Sans underwear is definitely the way to go. Maybe we can make it out of the house next week sometime.
I am just so so happy at the way this turned out! Wish me luck on my next endeavor. I’m venturing into bubble pants rompers… I might just include a little tutorial as I couldn’t find a good one that I wanted to use 🙂